We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and vibrant Sales & Social Media assistant to join our award winning team! Whilst previous sales experience is not essential, the successful applicant must be reliable and hard working, paralleled with excellent inter-personal skills. Simply Baby works with all the industries’ major top brands and therefore being up to date with product knowledge and professionalism is key. We are therefore seeking an individual with a drive for learning and who is keen to continuously keep up to date with industry news.
The successful candidate will also work within our growing e-commerce business and be involved with the implementation and development of Simply Baby’s Social Media platforms. The ability to demonstrate experience in this area is essential.
The job role is between 16-20 hours per week including Saturdays, with one Saturday off per month on a rolling rota. Although consideration for more hours would be negotiable for the right individual.
- Working with all the industry top brands, providing customer instore demonstrations and price quotations.
- Providing a professional instore shopping experience for our customers, including advice on car seat safety.
- Assisting with all aspects of the Simply Baby Social Media channels.
- Day to day assistance with website updates.
- Taking and implementing telephone orders
- Dealing with after sales customer service issues
- General shop floor & merchandising duties and ensuring the store is always tidy and ready for opening the next day.
- Assisting with product deliveries and ensuring stocks are accurate. This also involves making sure deliveries are stored in the correct locations.
- Operating the till system, taking orders and processing payments.
- Strong selling skills, with the ability to upsell instore.
- Excellent communicator: This includes working well within the team and also on a 1 to 1 basis with customers.
- Experience of using and implementing Social Media tasks is essential.
- Basic computer skills are a requirement.
- Our stock items are heavy! The successful applicant must have the ability to be able to move and lift boxes into and around the stock rooms.
- Friendly & professional with an open willingness to approach customers.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy ever changing store environment.
Salary: Competitive salary and negotiable
To apply, please submit your CV via email, also stating your suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org.